The Vegas Golden Knights are set to take on the Montreal Canadiens in an exciting match-up. These two teams have been playing well recently, and it should be a great game. The Golden Knights are looking to keep their winning streak alive, while the Canadiens will be trying to upset the home team. Be sure to tune in and catch all the action!
1. How the Montreal Canadiens can beat the Vegas Golden Knights
The Montreal Canadiens can beat the Vegas Golden Knights in the Stanley Cup Final by playing a physical game and using their speed to their advantage. They will also need to be patient and wait for their opportunities, as the Golden Knights are a very disciplined team.
2. Things to watch for in the Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens matchup
- The goaltending matchup between Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price will be worth watching, as both netminders are among the best in the NHL.
- The Golden Knights’ top line of Max Pacioretty, Mark Stone, and Paul Stastny will be up against the Canadiens’ top defensive pairing of Shea Weber and Jeff Petry. This should be a fascinating matchup to watch.
- The Golden Knights’ power play has been red-hot lately, while the Canadiens’ penalty kill has been struggling a bit. This could be a key factor in the game if Montreal can’t find a way to slow down Vegas’ man advantage unit.
- Both teams have been playing well lately, but the Golden Knights have been on an absolute tear at home, winning nine straight games at T-Mobile Arena heading into this one. It will be interesting to see if they can keep that success going against a tough Montreal team tonight.
3. Keys for the Montreal Canadiens in their game against the Vegas Golden Knights
- The Canadiens need to keep their cool and not get into any physical altercations with the Vegas Golden Knights.
- The Canadiens must take advantage of their power play opportunities, as the Golden Knights are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to killing penalties.
- Goaltender Carey Price must be on his game, as he will likely face a lot of shots from a high-powered Vegas offense.
4. Who has the edge in the Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens matchup?
Both teams are evenly matched, but the Golden Knights have a slight edge due to their home-ice advantage. They also have a deep roster with plenty of scoring depth, which could be the difference in a close series.
5. X players to watch in the Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens
- William Karlsson: The leading scorer for the Golden Knights, Karlsson has 22 goals and 19 assists on the season. He’s been a key player for Vegas all year and will look to continue his scoring ways against San Jose.
- Marc-Andre Fleury: One of the best goaltenders in the NHL, Fleury has been a big reason why the Golden Knights have been so successful this season. He’s posted a 21-9-2 record with a 2.24 GAA and .931 save percentage and will look to lead Vegas to victory against San Jose.
- Jonathan Marchessault: Another key player for Vegas, Marchessault has 17 goals and 18 assists on the year. He’s dangerous both offensively and defensively and will be counted on to help the Golden Knights defeat San Jose.
- Logan Couture: The Sharks’ leading scorer, Couture has 23 goals and 24 assists this season. He’s a dangerous offensive threat who can score from anywhere on the ice, making him someone that Vegas will need to keep an eye on if they want to win this game.
- Joe Pavelski: The captain of the Sharks, Pavelski is one of their most experienced players with over 700 games played in his career. A good two way forward, he also chips in offensively with 18 goals and 33 points this season which makes him someone that needs to be watched by Vegas if they want to stay victorious.