The Seattle Kraken take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 1 of the NHL playoffs. The Kraken are looking to make a statement in their first game against the defending champions.
The Seattle Kraken and Pittsburgh Penguins are two of the most successful NHL teams. They have each won multiple Stanley Cups and have some of the best players in the league. These two teams will face off against each other in a best-of-seven series in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
1. How the Seattle Kraken Can Defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins in Their Inaugural Season
The Seattle Kraken can defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins in their inaugural season by playing a physical game. The Kraken should use their size and strength to their advantage, and they should also be willing to fight for loose pucks and battle in front of the net. Additionally, the Kraken should take advantage of Pittsburgh’s goaltender depth issues and target Tristan Jarry.
2. Why you should watch the Seattle Kraken in their inaugural season
- To see history being made, as the Kraken are an expansion team.
- To watch a young, talented team grow and develop throughout the season.
- To see some spectacular goals (and maybe even a few fights).
3. The Rivalry Between the Seattle Kraken and Pittsburgh Penguins Begins
The Seattle Kraken and Pittsburgh Penguins have a long-standing rivalry that dates back to the early days of the NHL. The two teams have met in the playoffs numerous times, with the Penguins winning more often than not.
The most recent meeting between these two teams was in the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals, which saw the Penguins come out victorious. That series was particularly heated, with multiple fights breaking out between players on both sides.
Now that the Kraken is joining the NHL as an expansion team, this rivalry is only going to intensify. The first meeting between these two teams will take place on October 3rd, 2021 and it is sure to be a battle. Seahawks vs Steelers? Nope! It’ll be Kraken vs Penguin!
4. The Battle of the Inexperienced: Seattle Kraken vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
The Seattle Kraken and the Pittsburgh Penguins are two teams that are very inexperienced when it comes to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. This will be the first time in franchise history that the Kraken will be playing in the playoffs, while the Penguins last made it to the playoffs in 2014. This is a matchup of two teams that are not used to being in this situation, which could make for an interesting series. It should be a close series, but I ultimately think that the Kraken will come out on top.
5. Who Will Win? Seattle Kraken or Pittsburgh Penguins?
This is a difficult question to answer as both teams are extremely talented and have had success in the past. However, if we looked at this matchup objectively, the Seattle Kraken would probably be slight favorites to win. They have a more balanced attack and their defense is slightly better. The Pittsburgh Penguins may have more star power, but they seem to be a little bit less consistent this season.
6. A Fan’s Guide to Watching the Seattle Kraken vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
If you’re a fan of the Kraken or Penguins, or if you’re just a hockey fan in general, here is a guide on how to watch the final series:
- Tune in to NBC to watch all games of the series. In Seattle, that means tuning into KING 5; in Pittsburgh, WPXI 11 will have your game coverage.
- If you want to listen to local radio commentary of the game, find 710 ESPN Seattle for Kraken games and 105.9 The X for Penguin games.
- For online streaming options, you can try nhl66.