The New York Islanders and the New York Rangers are two of the most successful teams in the National Hockey League. They have both won Stanley Cups and have been to the playoffs numerous times. The two teams are also bitter rivals, as they are both located in New York City. The Islanders and Rangers have played each other in the playoffs numerous times, with the Rangers usually coming out on top.
1. A true rivalry: The Islanders vs. the Rangers
The Islanders and Rangers have been bitter rivals since they first faced off in 1972. The two teams have met in the playoffs 11 times, with the Rangers winning eight of those series. In 1983, the Islanders won their first Stanley Cup, defeating the heavily favored Rangers in four straight games. The rivalry was at its peak during this time, as both teams were amongst the best in the league.
In recent years, the rivalry has cooled off a bit as both teams have struggled to find success. However, any time these two teams meet it is sure to be a spirited affair.
2. Game day preview: Islanders vs. Rangers
The Islanders will look to rebound from their loss to the Penguins, and they will need to be better defensively if they want to beat the Rangers. The Islanders have allowed five goals in each of their last two games, and they will need to tighten things up if they want to come away with a win tonight.
Offensively, the Islanders will look to continue their recent success against Henrik Lundqvist. In four games against Lundqvist this season, the Islanders have scored 12 goals. The Rangers netminder has struggled against the Isles recently, and they will look to take advantage of that again tonight.
3. Why the Islanders are the better team
There are a number of reasons why the Islanders are the better team. First, they have more experience and success than the other team. Second, they have home ice advantage. Third, they have a more talented roster. Finally, they have a better coaching staff.
4. Players to watch in the Islanders vs. Rangers game
- John Tavares: The Islanders captain is always a key player to watch, especially in big games like this one against the rival Rangers. Tavares is a dangerous offensive player and has the ability to take over a game.
- Anders Lee: Another key Islander forward, Lee is known for his scoring touch and will be looking to add to his tally against the Rangers. He’s also a solid two-way player and could be used in key situations defensively.
- Ryan Pulock: The young Islanders defenseman has been making waves this season with his strong play. He’s got a great shot from the point and could be a factor on the power play. keep an eye on him in this game.
- Henrik Lundqvist: The veteran Rangers goaltender is always worth watching, as he’s capable of making some spectacular saves. Lundqvist will need to be at his best if the Rangers want to come out on top in this one.
5. How to watch the Islanders vs. Rangers live streams
If you want to watch the Islanders vs. Rangers game, you have a few different options. You can watch it on television through MSG or NBCSN, or you can watch it online through nhl66.
To watch the game on MSG, you will need to be a subscriber to either Comcast Xfinity or Optimum. If you are not a subscriber, you can still sign up for a free trial and watch the game that way. To watch the game on NBCSN, you will need to be a subscriber to either DirecTV Now or Sling TV. Again, if you are not a subscriber, you can sign up for a free trial and still catch the action.
To stream the Islanders vs. Rangers game online without cable, your best bet is NHL Live which is available through NHL66 and Rogers NHL Live in Canada (both require subscription). If those aren’t an option for you – try looking into local bars and restaurants that might be showing the game (especially ones with strong New York/New Jersey ties) as they often times have subscriptions to these types of services so their customers can enjoy watching games there.