In a matchup of two of the NHL’s best teams, the Minnesota Wild take on the Los Angeles Kings. The Wild are coming off a win against the Chicago Blackhawks, while the Kings are fresh off a victory against the Anaheim Ducks. These two teams have met twice this season, with each team winning one game. This will be the rubber match between these two evenly matched teams.
1. How the Wild Can Overcome Their Slow Start Against the Kings
The Wild may have gotten off to a slow start against the Kings, but they can overcome it. Their offense has been clicking lately and they should be able to get past the Kings defense. If they can keep up their recent level of play, they should be able to come out on top in this one.
2. Keys to Victory for the Wild in Their Matchup Against the Kings
- The Wild need to take advantage of their speed and use it to create odd-man rushes.
- The Wild must keep the Kings from getting comfortable in the offensive zone and using their size to win battles along the boards.
- The Wild goaltender will need to be sharp, as the Kings are likely to generate a lot of shots on goal.
3. What to Watch For In the Game Between the Wild and Kings
The Wild are coming into the game against the Kings on a hot streak, winning their last five games. The Kings, on the other hand, have lost four of their last five.
One thing to watch for in tonight’s game is how the Wild’s offense will fare against the Kings’ defense. The Wild have been scoring at will lately. The Kings’ defense has been suspect at times this season, so it will be interesting to see if the Wild can keep up their offensive production tonight.
Finally, keep an eye on goaltender Devan Dubnyk for the Wild and goaltender Jonathan Quick for the Kings. Quick has struggled recently, posting a .889 save percentage over his last four starts. If Quick can turn things around in net tonight and give his team a chance to win then they should have a good chance of doing so against a tired Wild squad that is playing its second game in as many days.
4. X Players to Watch in Tonight’s Wild-Kings Game
There are a few players to watch out for in tonight’s game between the Wild and the Kings. First, there is Zach Parise of the Wild. He is one of the team’s leading scorers and always seems to come up big in clutch situations. Secondly, there is goalie Devan Dubnyk who has been stellar for the Wild this season. He will need to be on his game if the Wild want to win tonight. Lastly, keep an eye on Kings’ forward Marian Gaborik. He is always a threat offensively and could make things interesting if he gets going early in the game.
5. Is This a Must-Win Game for Minnesota Against Los Angeles?
The answer to this question largely depends on who you ask. For some, any game against the Los Angeles Rams is a must-win given the team’s history and recent success. For others, the Minnesota Vikings’ performance thus far indicates that they should be able to win this game handily. Regardless of which side you fall on, it’s safe to say that this is an important game for both teams.