The Calgary Flames will take on the New Jersey Devils in an NHL game. The Flames are coming off a big win over the Winnipeg Jets, while the Devils are coming off a loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. This should be a great game between two evenly matched teams.
1. Game preview: Breaking down the matchup between the Flames and Devils
The Flames and Devils are set to face off in a battle between two Western Conference powerhouses. The Flames are coming off a disappointing loss to the Ducks, while the Devils are fresh off a win against the Blues.
Both teams have high-powered offenses, but the Flames have the edge in goal scoring. The Devils will need to rely on their stout defense to keep them in this game.
It should be an exciting matchup between two evenly matched teams.
2. 5 keys to victory for the Flames in their matchup against the Devils
- Win the special teams battle: The Devils have been struggling on the penalty kill lately, and the Flames have a strong power play. If they can take advantage of that and score some goals with the man advantage, it will go a long way toward winning the game.
- Get off to a good start: The Devils have been slow out of the gate in recent games, and it has cost them. If the Flames can jump out to an early lead and put some pressure on New Jersey, it could be enough to force them into making mistakes.
- Limit turnovers: turnovers have been an issue for both teams this season, but they are especially costly for the Flames given their lack of scoring depth. If they can take care of the puck and make smart decisions with it, they should be able to create some good scoring chances.
- Win face-offs: Face-offs will be crucial in this game, as both teams are strong in transition play them. The Flames need to make sure they give themselves a chance to win every possession by coming up with big wins at key moments in the game.
- Protect their home ice: The final key to success is simply protecting their home ice, where they’ve had so much success this season. With a rowdy crowd behind them, if Calgary can feed off that energy and come away with two points, it would go a long way toward clinching a playoff berth.
3. X factors that could decide the outcome of the Flames-Devils game
- The Flames’ offense vs. the Devils’ defense: The Flames have one of the best offenses in the NHL, led by forwards Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan. The Devils have a strong defensive core, led by goaltender Cory Schneider.
- The Flames’ power play vs. the Devils’ penalty kill: The Flames have a very effective power play, while the Devils have an excellent penalty kill. This could be a key factor if either team gets into trouble with penalties.
- Home ice advantage: The game will be played at Prudential Center in New Jersey, which gives the Devils a slight edge over the Flames in terms of home ice advantage.
4. How the Flames can shut down Devils star player Yann Danis
The Flames will need to put pressure on Yann Danis and not allow him to get comfortable in the crease. They will also need to keep their feet moving and take away his time and space.
5. A history of bad blood between these two teams
The teams have a history of bad blood between them. The most recent incident was when the players got into a fight on the field during a game. This led to both teams being suspended from the league for a short period of time.